Raster to Vector Illustrator Assignment

This assignment took me a good 3-4 hours spread out among a few days, and there were so many little tweaks and changes I had to make, trying to make the shadows just right, constantly changing the hues I picked, etc., that I felt like it was never going to end. However, I must add that I actually kinda enjoyed this assignment because after I'd draw a line or make a new shape and finally get it right on line with the template, I'd hide the template to see the progress I was making and that was a really good feeling. The hardest part was definitely dragging the anchors of the shape I made to cover the shadows, and getting it to cover all the right places and look like a natural shadow. Especially because once I'd drag the shape out one direction on the bird's left wing, it would tweak the bottom right boundary of the shadow ever so slightly that I felt like the tireless cycle of adjusting the anchors would never end. I'm very content with how the final product looks though and feel a lot more confident controlling the shapes and lines within Illustrator. I can tell we're gonna be able to make some pretty intricate stuff with Illustrator and I'm excited for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

InDesign Newsletter Layout

My Favorite Ride--Finished