As if another animate assignment wasn't going to be tedious and time consuming enough, I made it even worse for myself by doing an extra 2 hours of work, just to delete it and start over. The" Animate Like a PRO! Bouncing Balls in Flash CS6 " video on YouTube started by showing how to make a bouncing ball with frame by frame animation, which we already learned how to do, but I figured that was the first step of making the arc motion path version...so once the video and I finally finished the frame by frame animation of it (about 100 frames), the video then started over to show how to make it with an arc motion path, and I was pissed. I then spent another 3ish hours making the arc motion path and tweaking the arcs and adding and removing frames until I finally had a natural-ish looking bounce. Not one of my brighter moments.
This assignment took me a good 3-4 hours spread out among a few days, and there were so many little tweaks and changes I had to make, trying to make the shadows just right, constantly changing the hues I picked, etc., that I felt like it was never going to end. However, I must add that I actually kinda enjoyed this assignment because after I'd draw a line or make a new shape and finally get it right on line with the template, I'd hide the template to see the progress I was making and that was a really good feeling. The hardest part was definitely dragging the anchors of the shape I made to cover the shadows, and getting it to cover all the right places and look like a natural shadow. Especially because once I'd drag the shape out one direction on the bird's left wing, it would tweak the bottom right boundary of the shadow ever so slightly that I felt like the tireless cycle of adjusting the anchors would never end. I'm very content with how the final product looks...
I've spent an hour or two a day all week working on this project, and I'm not done yet but I'm very pleased with how my 2009 Honda Civic is turning out. It's been a ton of layers and gradient fills over each other and massaging and teasing with the bezier curves, and now all of a sudden it's actually starting to look like my car and I'm pleasantly surprised by that. I'm still wrestling with how I'm going to make the metallic silver grill and headlights look shiny, but Rusty told me this morning that the only way to to it is to make a bunch of layers with different brightnesses and opacity, and that (sadly), there's no button to press to "make it look pretty." That's my suggestion to Adobe for their next update/software: a button or a filter that makes the object look pretty. There seems to be a button for everything else, so I'm sure it's possible. Stay tuned for a follow up post that shows my finished product of the one and onl...
Comments
Post a Comment