My Favorite Ride on Illustrator

I've spent an hour or two a day all week working on this project, and I'm not done yet but I'm very pleased with how my 2009 Honda Civic is turning out. It's been a ton of layers and gradient fills over each other and massaging and teasing with the bezier curves, and now all of a sudden it's actually starting to look like my car and I'm pleasantly surprised by that. I'm still wrestling with how I'm going to make the metallic silver grill and headlights look shiny, but Rusty told me this morning that the only way to to it is to make a bunch of layers with different brightnesses and opacity, and that (sadly), there's no button to press to "make it look pretty." That's my suggestion to Adobe for their next update/software: a button or a filter that makes the object look pretty. There seems to be a button for everything else, so I'm sure it's possible. Stay tuned for a follow up post that shows my finished product of the one and only 2009 Honda Civic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

InDesign Newsletter Layout

My Favorite Ride--Finished